Kids Bike Work Parties
Practice your mechanic skills or simply clean and primp kids bikes for low income families this holiday season. Our goal is to donate 100 bikes to Christmas House. Bring some family or friends along to make it even more fun.
6 to 9 p.m. Thursdays, Sept. 12 through Dec. 12. No work party Nov. 28.Noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 17 and Nov. 24 (and maybe Dec. 8?)
No experience is needed, just a willingness to get greasy.
All work parties are at the shop. Entrance and parking are in the back of the Broadway Mall building.
Work Party Logistics
- Dress warmly, and in clothes that can get greasy.
- Snacks are provided but please bring your own water
- Volunteers sign-in at our computer kiosk to track hours.
- Kids old enough to help are welcome if they are supervised by a responsible adult.
- Help at 3 work parties, earn $20 in shop credit. See our other Volunteer Benefits.
Group Work Parties on Sundays
If you have a church, service club or other group that wants to help, we can schedule your very own work party – usually on a Sunday. Give us a call and we’ll get something scheduled.