Bicycle Service Manager
Open until filled. Posted July 2021
Sharing Wheels Community Bike Shop is looking for an experienced bicycle service manager in Everett, WA.
Sharing Wheels is a busy nonprofit bike shop that refurbishes used bikes, empowers customers to fix their own bikes, and educates volunteers to help with bike repair. If you like working on bikes and with people, this job could be for you.
The Sharing Wheels Service Manager oversees every aspect of the shop service department operations as well as developing volunteer mechanics. As our only full-time employee, you will be responsible for ensuring outstanding customer service, quality bike repair and refurbishment, and supporting programs such as classes, kids bikes, and mobile repair clinics.
You should have a passion for bicycles, have a strong desire to contribute to the community, and be comfortable interacting with a diverse volunteer and customer base.
Job Type: Full-time, 30 to 40 hours per week
Pay: $17.00 – $21.00 per hour, depedning on qualifications
Schedule: Day shift, weekend availability required (Saturdays)
- Health insurance, dental reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation
- Employee discount on new parts
- Proficient bike mechanic skills
- Strong customer service skills and experience
- Relevant work experience in the bike industry or other retail setting
- Experience in cash management and ordering
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution
- Expert level bike mechanic skills, including older model bicycles
- Knowledge of and experience in community bike shops or other nonprofits
- Experience managing volunteers or comparable experience in a leadership role
How to Apply
Send a basic resume / work history and letter of interest to Executive Director Christy Cowley.
1. Manage daily bike service department operations –
- Scheduling/Performing of work (repair, maintenance, walk-in, and bike building)
- Diagnose and conduct repair work as needed on customer bikes
- Ordering of supplies, parts and equipment
- Work with Shop Coordinator to ensure pricing of bikes, parts and accessories aligns with customer and organizational needs
- Provide quality assurance: conduct safety checks on all bicycles before customer pick-up
- Oversee DIY area and provide DIY customers with guidance and direction as needed
- Support and provide guidance for online sales presence (Craigslist, EBay, etc)
- Support programs for Mobile Bike Repair,Christmas House, Kids Giveaway, and mechanics classes
- Staff work parties, provide volunteer guidance; teach new volunteers
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work environment
2. Maintain high level of professional customer service to our diverse customer base –
- Assist customers in purchasing (or earning through special programs) bikes, parts, and accessories appropriate to their needs
- Represent the organization’s mission (both shop and programs) to people who visit the shop
- Ensure a welcoming, accessible, and respectful environment for all people in the shop
3. Provide high quality ongoing bike maintenance classes to the public and volunteers –
- Develop and conduct bike mechanic service trainings for volunteers
- Train, motivate, and supervise shop mechanics (staff and volunteers) with regular/ongoing classes
- Promote bike maintenance classes to the public through social media postings
- Teach bike maintenance classes to the public and train qualified volunteers to teach classes
4. Assist with shop communications to volunteers, media, and the public – in person and via social media and email –
- Curate engaging LOCAL content for social media platforms (FB/IG) to attract more customers into our shop and online
- Work with shop Coordinator to create and edit posts (photos/videos) to keep shop social media platforms fresh and interesting
- Work with Shop Coordinator to maintain a current and strong online shop sales presence
Job posted July 2021 . Open until filled.