Part-Time Bicycle Mechanic
Sharing Wheels Community Bike Shop is looking for an experienced bike mechanic to partner with our Shop Manager during the spring/summer months to manage, grow and develop our non-profit community bike shop in Everett, WA. Everett is not Seattle – it’s a smaller city with a budding bike culture, bike trails, transit, and a busy bike shop at the heart of it all. If you like bikes, helping people, and building community, this job could be for you.
- Prepare used/donated bicycles for sale, replacing and fixing parts as needed to ensure safe operation
- Perform designated repairs and tune-ups on customer bikes
- Able to work independently without supervision – self-motivated and trustworthy
- Maintain a tidy shop workspace
- Support other shop operations as needed
- Ability to provide quality, timely repair services to a variety of bicycles, with at least one year bike shop experience as a bike mechanic
- Self-directed, energetic, flexible and personable
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working/volunteering at a non-profit organization
Hours: This position is seasonal, part-time, 10-16 hours per week. Sundays/Mondays are required.
Compensation: $15-17 per hour, depending on qualifications.
Email your resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to email@example.com
Job posted on 3/8/2021