Donate your bike to charity
We fix donated bikes and sell them to keep the shop running, or pass bikes on to people in need. When you get a new bike, donate your old one to Sharing Wheels!
If you have a gently-used or high-quality adult bike you’d like to donate, here’s what you need to do:
- Email us a photo and brief description of your bike. We’ll reply within 3 days to let you know if we can use it.
- We ask for a $5 cash donation with each bike to help defray the costs of repairs.
- We do not buy or trade bicycles. Ever.
- We do not accept all bikes. Some bikes just need to be recycled.
No kids bike donations at this time. We accept kids bikes in the fall for our Christmas House program.
You can also donate gently-used bike accessories and parts such as panniers, bike bags, racks and kid carriers.
Some bikes we don’t take
Sharing Wheels does not accept bikes such as:
- “Department store bike” brands like Magna, Roadmaster, Huffy, Hyper. These have cheap parts and aren’t worth fixing if broken. We will take these bike if they are in like-new condition.
- Broken or bent frames (unless quality parts are worth removing)
- Rusty bikes that have been stored outside (a little rust is OK)
We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. EIN 47-0905216.
The fair market value of bike donations is tax-deductible. We are happy to provide a receipt for your donation.