Donate Your Used Bicycle
Accepted on Saturdays
Donations of like-new children’s and adult bikes are taken on Saturdays and other days by appointment. You can also donate gently-used bike accessories and parts such as panniers, bike bags, racks and kid carriers.
- We ask for a $5 cash donation with each bike to help defray the costs of repairs.
- We do not buy or trade bicycles. Ever.
- We do not accept all bikes. Some bikes just need to be recycled.
Send us a photo first
Bikes must be in very good condition – flat tires or worn brakes we can fix, but broken frames or rusty wheels are just not worth it.
Email us a photo and brief description of your bike, and we’ll let you know if we can use it. Quality bikes that we can easily fix help us pay the bills and offer free and low-cost services.
Some bikes we don’t take
Sharing Wheels may not accept bikes such as:
- “Department store bike” brands like Magna, Roadmaster and Huffy. These have cheap parts and aren’t worth fixing if broken. We will take these bike if they are in like-new condition.
- Broken or bent frames (unless quality parts are worth removing)
- Rusty bikes that have been stored outside (a little rust is OK)
Donate your bike to charity
We fix donated bikes and sell them to keep the shop running or pass them on to people in need. When you get a new bike, donate your old one to Sharing Wheels!
Sharing Wheels is a non-profit organization. The fair market value of bike donations is tax deductible. We are happy to provide a receipt for your donation.
We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. EIN 47-0905216.