Velo Arte 2021
Artists, families and creative folks of all kinds: Use our excess bike parts to create beautiful and whimsical artwork.
- Register by Oct. 3. The $10 fee goes towards prizes and covering our costs.
- Pickup parts at the shop. Bike parts and doo-dads galore will be available for pickup in Everett Oct. 6-10 (we’ll send details).
- Be creative. Use only bike stuff or add other upcycled materials. Have fun.
- Submit art piece by Nov. 14. We’ll collect all the pieces at the shop to show off virtually (and in-person, if possible).
- Prizes. We’ll do a poll for People’s Choice awards, and also award a $200 Sharing Wheels gift certificate by random drawing from all participants.
Our bike parts, your creativity
Bike art inspiration & ideas
We hope to have many entries this year, and several categories for our “people’s choice” awards:
- Art that Moves
- Wearable or Usable Art
- Top Family / Group Effort
Last year’s first place winner was Diana Halar, who made a table out of salvaged wood, bike tires and bike rims with a lighted mosaic of a bicycle using bike chains for the tires. Here are some of last year’s entries:
Optional. Last year many participants donated their art pieces and we auctioned the off online. The event raised $500 to support the many free programs of Sharing Wheels Community Bike Shop.