Velo Art is an annual fundraiser for Sharing Wheels. We invite “Wheel” artists of all kinds – amateurs, professionals, families and groups – to create something fun or functional out of our excess bike parts.
All bike art will be displayed at our annual open house on Dec. 7. Artists are encouraged to donate their piece to the silent auction that night.
Velo Art registration opens Oct. 18.
Last year’s Velo Art event raised $625 for Sharing Wheels.
Or use your own upcycled materials or imagination. Any art piece containing bike parts or imagery is eligible to enter.
- Registration: $10 per entry
- Pick-up parts: wheels, frames, and more at the shop Oct. xxx during regular hours. You can use your own bike-related materials, too.
- Submit art piece by Dec. 3: We’ll collect all the pieces at the shop.
- People’s Choice Award: Bragging rights and a $50 gift certificate to a Nothing Bundt Cakes in Mill Creek.
- Art Auction: Donate your piece to our silent auction, held during our Dec. 7 open house.
- Artwork owner – the artist or purchaser – must retrieve your piece from the shop no later than Dec. 17.
Need Wheel Art Inspiration?
Signup for our Wreath Workshop on Dec. 3. Your wreath can be your entry!
For more inspiration, see examples of art made in past events.