This year’s Velo Art Contest is for “Wheel” artists of all kinds – amateurs, professionals, families and groups.
Your art can be fun or functional, beautiful or goofy.
Or use your own upcycled materials or imagination. Any art piece containing bike parts or imagery is eligible to enter.
Artists may donate your piece to a silent auction to take place during the Open House. Last year’s auction raised $544 for Sharing Wheels.
Birth of an Orca
- Registration: $10 per entry
- Pick-up parts: wheels, frames, and more at the shop Nov. 9- 19 during regular hours. You can use your own up-cycled materials, too.
- Submit art piece by Dec. 4: We’ll collect all the pieces at the shop.
- People’s Choice Award: Bragging rights and a $50 gift certificate to a local business Nothing Bundt Cakes in Mill Creek.
- Art Auction: Donate your piece to our silent auction, held during our Dec. 8 open house.
- Artwork owner – the artist or purchaser – must retrieve your piece from the shop no later than Dec. 18.
Need Wheel Art Inspiration?
Signup for our Wreath Workshop on Dec. 4. Your wreath can be your entry!
For more inspiration, see examples of art made in 2021 below. The People’s Choice Award went to Robot ACDSKPJK, made by the creative youth at Hand in Hand.