Join us for a work party or organize your own
By Christy Cowley, Executive Director
We all know volunteers are the foundation of Sharing Wheels’ mission of Keeping People and Bikes Moving. We simply couldn’t accomplish our goals without our volunteers. What you may not know is that we no longer have our volunteers simply cleaning and wrenching bikes.
Volunteer roles have expanded to include Customer Service Representative, Bike Maintenance Instructor, New Volunteer Mentor, and Newsletter CoEditor.
This year 73 volunteers donated 1600 hours of service to our organization and 4 Super Volunteers have donated more than 200 hours each.
Sharing Wheels loves to recognize the efforts of volunteers and for many years offered shop discounts and wholesaler special order pricing. Now, we would like to expand our volunteer rewards program and offer additional incentives to show our continued appreciation. These include:
- 10 hours/month allows you to make special orders through our wholesaler at cost plus 20%
- 3 bike work parties earns you $20 credit on anything at the shop.
- 15 hours you receive a 50% discount off any Sharing Wheels bike maintenance class, plus NEW free classes just for volunteers to build skills.
- 50 hours, you earn a Sharing Wheels soft and comfy t-shirt.
- 60 hours, you will receive a 50% discount off any used parts or bike in the shop.
- 200 hours, you earn a bike multitool
- 500 hours, you earn a Sharing Wheels fleece vest.
We are always looking to grow our volunteer base so we can continue to provide such an important resource to Snohomish County. If you’d like to get started volunteering with Sharing Wheels, email me.
Fix Kids Bikes – with friends or at home
Speaking of Volunteers – the holidays are just around the corner and we could use lots of help getting 50+ kid bikes in tip-top shape for the low-income families in our community. Work parties are scheduled 5:30-8:30pm every Tuesday and Thursday in October and November. To comply with the public health guidelines, work parties will be limited to 5 volunteers and masks are required.
Reserve your spot and meet new friends, or request your own private work party with friends and/or family!
Prefer to avoid the ‘party’ and work on bikes in your own garage? Not a problem, just contact Alain at the shop and he will get you set up to take a bike (or two) home for repair.