Volunteer in Shop or at Home
Due to COVID safety and size limits, our work party signups are full. However, you can still signup for the waitlist if someone cancels.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled shift, please contact us in advance. Email Executive Director Christy Cowley or call 425-252-6952.
Our goal is to ready 70+ bikes to gift to low income families in December. Volunteers can help in three ways:
- Sign up for a Tuesday or Thursday evening work party
- Take bike(s) home to clean and repair (after an orientation)
- Organize a private work party for your family, club or group (contact us for details)
Work Party Details
Get a feel for the shop and our kids bike program thanks to this King-5 News story.
- Staff or volunteer host will provide hands-on training and tasks
- Help at 3 work parties, earn $20 in shop credit. See our other Volunteer Benefits.
- Snacks are provided but please bring your own water.
- Kids old enough to help are welcome if they are supervised by a responsible adult.
Group Work Parties
If you have a church, service club or other group that wants to help, we can schedule your very own work party – usually on a Sunday. Email Executive Director Christy Cowley or call 425-252-6952 and we’ll get something scheduled.
Sponsors and Donors Needed
We put about $30 in new parts on each bike to make it safe and shiny for the kids. That adds up to thousands of dollars in tires, seats, handlebar grips, etc.
Businesses and individuals are encouraged to donate cash or in-kind support to our program. You can:
- Organize a 5-person work party
- Donate snacks or grocery gift cards
- Contribute cash and become an official sponsor