We simply couldn’t succeed as a nonprofit helping low income people without the support of our many volunteers. In addition to our sincere thanks, you can earn the following volunteer benefits.
Volunteers who work at least 10 hours in a month – or 3 kid bike work parties – receive the following shop discounts:
- New parts/accessories through our wholesaler at cost plus 10% + tax.
- Used shop parts/accessories at fair market value (or listed price) minus 15% + tax.
Learn bike maintenance
Volunteers who work at least 15 hours in the past 3 months can receive a 50% discount off any Sharing Wheels bike maintenance class.
We also offer special classes just for regular volunteers – free.
And every time you help in the shop, you can get 1 on 1 training and mentoring from an experienced bike mechanic.
Volunteers don’t receive a discount on for sale bikes, but you do have the option of picking out any as-is, or recently donated bike and buying it at a lower cost, before we put any work into it.
Volunteers who work at least 300 hours will earn a $350 credit towards any Sharing Wheels bike.
Earn cool stuff
Super volunteers are those folks who volunteer on a schedule and keep coming back month after month.
- Work 50 hours and earn a SW soft and comfy t-shirt or cap.
- Work 200 hours and earn a Bike multi-tool.
- Work 500 hours and earn a Sharing Wheels fleece vest.
Those are our volunteer benefits! Interested in volunteering with us? Apply now!